Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Vests and Dresses

I'm happy to see that the trend of vests and dresses continues this summer.

Look at these summer dresses worn by Leopard Flats and FFMyHeels at Chicisimo:

I love the shoes! And I like the way the vest adds another layer without weighing the outfit down and making it impractical for summer.
I love the contrast between the basic vest and the very feminine dress.

Of course vests go with more than dresses. Here's one with shorts. It dresses up the whole outfit:
(photo from LuckyMag)
I have a black vest kind of like this, with a fun design in brass studs, but it has disappeared in the depths of my closet. Fluff the cat explores my closet and I think she rearranges things.

I have a denim vest from Metrostyle that I like to wear over my flapper dress, with a scarf in fall colors. A vest can also really dress up a t-shirt. Vests are so practical in the desert; they are wearable in more seasons than a coat.

What sort of vests are in your closet? Do you wear them with dresses, jeans, skirts...?

3 comments:

  1. I would LOVE it if vests came back into general usage. They are very good for my body type!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post and I'm very happy you like so much my dress!
    Kisses,
    http://ffmyheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I am from Australia. I wanted to know where I can buy the white and blue floral dress from please? Thank you

    ReplyDelete