Friday, July 29, 2011

Fragrant Shampoo

What? You think shampoo isn't colorful? Well, no, not really. Maybe you can think of fragrance as a sort of color that only your nose appreciates. Or something like that.

I was at Walgreen's today and I bought some huge bottles of Suave shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo is labelled "rosemary mint" but the fragrance is more like an entire herb garden. It was the only Suave I could find that didn't list sodium laureth sulfate in the ingredients. (SLS bothers our eczema.)


It didn't have the sharpness I expected from a rosemary fragrance--it was just very pleasant. As a mom of young children, my shower is a sort of mini escape, and fragrance enhances that.

Unfortunately I follwed the wonderful shampoo with "humectant" conditioner


which had a sort of industrial coconut fragrance. I am not a fan.

I found these photos at drugstore.com, and you can order 12 ounce bottles from there, but Walgreens has 32 ounce bottles for about the same price.

What do you look for in a shampoo?

No comments:

Post a Comment