Sunday, September 18, 2011

Monday Oops: lavender lipstick

When I was a very young bride, I worked in a bank. I had a beautiful gray skirt and a slightly sparkly purple sweater that made a beautiful yet professional combination. I found a lavender shade of nail polish which quietly complemented the outfit, and for some reason I no longer understand, I bought lipstick that matched the nail polish. The fact that it was grape-scented should have been a clue that it was not meant for the career woman, but at the time I just thought it was fun.

I remember wearing the outfit, complete with nail polish and lipstick to work one day. One of my co-workers gushed about how beautiful everything was.

"Your lipstick is lovely!" she exclaimed! "You look just like those people in the Titanic movie...."

"...you know, when they're all floating in the water around the iceberg."

Oh. Not quite the effect I had in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment